Below are Job Descriptions for Hotel General Managers
Job description: Hotel Manager / Hotel General Manager
Reports to: Area Director / Area General Manager/ CEO/ COO/ MD
Internal key liaisons:
- Chief Financial Officer
- President & C.E.O.
- Director of Operations
- Department heads
External key liaisons:
- Local & public authorities
- Main accounts
The Hotel Manager is responsible for achieving optimal guest satisfaction and a good working environment to attain all set objectives. To achieve this, the Hotel Manager should run the hotel in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as set out by the company.
The Hotel Manager shall see to the implementation of optimal and attractive products and services required to address
the hotel’s target groups, based on pre-agreed marketing plans and budgets. The Hotel Manager shall ensure the correct production and distribution of information and promotion materials as agreed to.
Guard the efficiency/productivity and the company results:
Prepare a monthly financial reporting.
Ensure an adequate administration, for the outgoing and incoming invoices, for the payment of invoices and for drawing up
periodical management data. Justify deviations and differences.
Hotel manager – Profile
• General education related to hospitality, on middle and higher management level.
• At least 3 years experience within the hotel industry in Hotel Management.
• Excellent written English and copy-writing skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience with several hotel operation systems
• Skillful in project planning/ tasks and able to prioritize projects/ tasks.
• Highly managerial capacities
• Highly organized and efficient individual
• Pro-active and result driven Flexible
• Both team player and captain (hands-on)
• Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility
Look & Feel
Sportive, socially engaged, passionate, easy communicator, convincing and
The ideal candidate masters his languages, familiar with facts and figures, has
preferably some international experience in a chain hotel organization, and must
have “space” for further development.
More for Hotel GMs